Volunteer Position: Grant Writer for iLRN
Commitment: (flexible/varied) Based on the fundraising calendar, likely 5-10 hours per week during busier times.
iLRN is a dynamic non-profit organization serving the immersive learning professional community through innovative programming, networking opportunities, and events. We are expanding our efforts and looking for a talented and persuasive grant writer to assist us as we seek to fund the projects and activities that allow us to help improve immersive educational technologies and research.
iLRN seeks a passionate and experienced volunteer Grant Writer to join our team. This individual will be crucial in securing funding to help further iLRN’s mission. With the support of the iLRN Team and Grant Researcher, the Grant Writer will identify grant opportunities, prepare proposals, and assist in managing submissions.
- With the leadership of the Grant Researcher, identify grant opportunities aligned with our organization's mission and projects.
- Write compelling and persuasive grant proposals, narratives, and budgets.
- Coordinate with program and finance teams/committees to gather required proposal information.
- With the help of the Grant Researcher, submit complete and timely applications to grant-making organizations.
- Track and report on submitted proposals and their outcomes.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improving grant-seeking processes and strategies.
What's in it for you?
- This is an opportunity to make a tangible difference in iLRN’s efforts to support a vibrant, active community of ed-tech professionals engaged in immersive learning research.
- Experience working with a dedicated team of nonprofit professionals.
- Networking opportunities with ed-tech and immersive learning community leaders and other volunteers.
- Recognition and appreciation for your contribution to our cause.
- Students are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience in grant writing, preferably in a nonprofit or educational setting in the United States.
- Strong research skills and the ability to identify potential funding opportunities.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with immersive learning, academia, and ed-tech is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in developing funding for iLRN.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume, a brief cover letter detailing their interest and relevant experience, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: "Grant Writer Volunteer Application - Your Name" and visit our volunteer website to learn more.
Please note: While this is a volunteer position, iLRN is deeply committed to recognizing and valuing the time and expertise of all team members. We welcome you to join our team and look forward to working with you!
Thank you for considering volunteering with iLRN!