iLRN on the Virbela Open Campus
Starting in September 2023, iLRN will be joining the Virbela Open Campus! We see this move as a great opportunity for iLRN members to join the vibrant, active community using Virbela daily for work and study. Some of the benefits we will see are:
- Access to the latest version of Virbela, which means getting access to new features first
- Lots of chances to meet other Virbela users
- An invitation to attend public Virbela events and presentations
- ...and more!
How to Create an Account and Login to the Virbela Open Campus
The Virbela Open Campus (VOC) uses a different version of Virbela client software. You will need to install the VOC software if you don't have it already.
- Go to https://www.virbela.com/install
- The software should download automatically. If it does not, click the download button for your operating system (PC/Windows or Mac)
- Scroll down the page to see the installation instructions for each operating system as well as a getting started video.
Your iLRN Virtual Campus username and password does not automatically transfer to the Virbela Open Campus, so you will need to register and create a new account if you haven't done so previously. You may register and access the Virbela Open Campus free of charge.
- Run the Virbela Open Campus software. If this is your first time running the software or if Virbela has been updated recently, the software will update itself automatically.
- Click the "Register" button on the login screen.
- Fill in the form and click the "Register Now" button.
- You will receive a registration confirmation email. Click the "Confirm Registration" button in the email.
- Log in, create your avatar, and you are ready to go!
If you encounter any issues, you can get help at https://support.virbela.com/
Can I use my iLRN Virtual Campus username and password to log into the Virbela Open Campus?
No. The Virbela Open Campus has its own user database, so you will need to register for a new account. It's free! Also remember to install the Virbela Open Campus software. The iLRN Virtual Campus software cannot be used to connect to the Virbela Open Campus.
Does iLRN have dedicated spaces on the Virbela Open Campus?
Yes. There is a public conference hall located at the first door in the entrance of the Pavilion. It is available for meetups, presentations, and other public events. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the space for your event. If you are an initiative, house, or chapter leader in iLRN, you may request access to our Team Suite, which is a private area for organization leaders.
What happened to the iLRN Virtual Campus?
The iLRN Virtual Campus still exists in a dormant state and can be reactivated for large paid events.