Immersive Learning Scholarship Fund
Donate to iLRN's Immersive Learning Scholarship Fund
The Immersive Learning Scholarship Program is seeking cash and meaningful gift donations to support promising graduate level students across the disciplines to pursue advancements in immersive learning.
Let's co-create a great future.
The Immersive Learning Scholarship Program is an opportunity for students to develop innovative immersive learning experiences that have the potential to make a significant impact on education. We encourage students who are passionate about immersive learning to apply for this scholarship.
Call for Applications
The Immersive Learning Scholarship Program is open to iLRN student members currently enrolled in accredited Master's or Doctoral level graduate programs in computer science, media or game studies, or the Learning Sciences related fields anywhere in the world. Students seeking support through a specific area of immersive learning application should look to the iLRN Branch Houses for announcements and calls for proposals specific to their discipline (e.g. Medical Education, Environmental Sciences, Workforce & Industry, etc.) The program is designed to support students who are developing innovative immersive learning experiences that have the potential to make a significant impact on education.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time Master's or Doctoral level graduate program in computer science, media or game studies, or the Learning Sciences related fields at an accredited university.
- Applicants must have a strong academic record and a demonstrated interest in immersive learning.
- Applicants must submit a proposal for an immersive learning experience or details of a specific area of research and development that they plan to make significant contributions to during the scholarship period. If creating an immersive learning experience, the proposal should include a description of the learning experience, its target audience, and its potential impact. If making contributions to a specific area of the field, the proposal should highlight seminal and current research and identify the gap or area of intended contribution.
- Applicants must also submit a portfolio of their creative, academic, and meaningful learning contributions. The portfolio should demonstrate the applicant's skills, knowledge, and experience in the field of immersive learning.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Strength of the academic record
- Demonstrated interest in immersive learning
- Quality of the proposal for an immersive learning experience and/or area of significant contribution
- Strength of the creative, academic, and meaningful learning contributions portfolio
To apply for the Immersive Learning Scholarship Program, please submit the following materials:
- A completed application form
- A proposal for an immersive learning experience - and / or - a proposal with details of a specific area of research and development justifying a significant contribution
- A portfolio of your creative, academic, and meaningful learning contributions
- Two letters of recommendation
Applications must be submitted by [date].
Creative, Academic, and Meaningful Learning Contributions
The creative, academic, and meaningful learning contributions portfolio is an important part of the application process. It allows us to learn more about the applicant's skills, knowledge, and experience in the field of immersive learning.
Here are some examples of creative, academic, and meaningful learning contributions that you could include in your portfolio:
- Immersive learning experiences that you have developed or contributed to
- Creative works, such as games, simulations, or interactive experiences that you have created;
- Academic papers or articles that you have written on immersive learning
- Research projects that you have conducted on immersive learning
Meaningful learning contributions:
- Teaching experience * Volunteer experience working with students or educators
- Other experiences that have demonstrated your commitment to immersive learning