Volunteer Position: Grant Researcher for iLRN
Commitment: (flexible/varied) Based on the fundraising calendar, but likely up to 10 hours per week.
iLRN is a dynamic non-profit organization serving the immersive learning professional community through innovative programming, networking opportunities, and events. We are expanding our efforts and looking for a thorough and creative grant researcher to assist us as we build relationships and grow funding for our immersive education and research efforts.
iLRN seeks a passionate and experienced volunteer Grant Researcher to join our team. This individual will be crucial in securing funding to help further our mission. With the support of our iLRN Team, the Grant Researcher will identify grant opportunities, prepare proposals, and manage submissions.
- Research and identify grant opportunities aligned with iLRN's mission and projects.
- Review or write compelling and persuasive grant proposals, narratives, and budgets as part of the iLRN Team.
- Coordinate with program and finance teams to gather required information for proposals.
- Submit complete and timely applications to grant-making organizations.
- Track and report on submitted proposals and their outcomes.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improving grant-seeking processes and strategies.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to make a tangible difference in iLRN’s ability to support the immersive learning community through events, scholarships, and more.
- Gain experience working with a dedicated team of nonprofit professionals.
- Networking opportunities with immersive learning and ed-tech community leaders and other volunteers.
- Recognition and appreciation for your contribution to our cause.
- Previous experience in grant writing, preferably in a nonprofit or educational setting in the United States.
- Strong research skills and the ability to identify potential funding opportunities.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with immersive learning and educational technology.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume, a brief cover letter detailing their interest and relevant experience, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: "Grant Researcher Volunteer Application - Your Name" and visit our volunteer website to learn more.
Please note: While this is a volunteer position, iLRN is deeply committed to recognizing and valuing the time and expertise of all team members. We welcome you to join our team and look forward to working with you!
Thank you for considering volunteering with iLRN!